Servicios Postales del Peru S.A. (SERPOST) wishes to inform other Union member countries and their designated operators that, through decree No. 135-2020-PCM of 31 July 2020, the Peruvian Government has extended the national state of emergency until 31 August 2020. Social isolation (quarantine) is mandatory in the following areas:
– Arequipa, Ica, Junín, Huánuco and San Martín departments
– Tambopata province (Madre de Dios department)
– Santa, Casma and Huaraz provinces (Áncash department)
– Mariscal Nieto and Ilo provinces (Moquegua department)
– Tacna province (Tacna department)
– Cuzco and La Convención provinces (Cuzco department)
– San Román and Puno provinces (Puno department)
– Huancavelica province (Huancavelica department)
– Cajamarca, Jaén and San Ignacio provinces (Cajamarca department)
– Bagua, Condorcanqui and Utcubamba provinces (Amazonas department)
– Abancay and Andahuaylas provinces (Apurímac department)
In the above-mentioned areas, travel is authorized only in order to provide and access essential goods and services, and to provide services in relation to the economic activities permitted upon entry into force of the decree.
SERPOST has been gradually resuming its activities with effect from 1 July 2020, in strict compliance with the plan for the monitoring, prevention and control of COVID-19, intended to protect the health of the entire population. It has also gradually resumed its air and road trAnsport services.
SERPOST asks that the information provided previously on the provision of postal services be taken into account and indicates that the situation of force majeure continues to apply, in accordance with articles 23 of the Universal Postal Convention and 25-001 of the Regulations to the Convention.
SERPOST thanks all Union member countries and their designated operators for their understanding, and will inform them via EmIS when the situation returns to normal.